WELCOME TO MY WICKY WORLD
(cause I AM a witch, didn’t ya know???)
[wicked happy = wicky]
Catherine A. MacKenzie: Cathy enjoys writing poems, short stories and essays, some of which appear online and in various anthologies, including those published by Chicken Soup for the Soul, Dancing with Bear Publishing, Twin Trinity Media and Rebel Ink Press. Her works have also appeared in such publications as Sasee Magazine, Magnapoets and Still Point Arts Quarterly. She has self-published several books of poetry and compilations of short stories, which can be found on Smashwords at https://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/camack. She is continually writing short stories and poems and has several novellas on the go.
Cathy is a member of various writing groups, including:
1. DIVA: Four women authors who have come together to write and publish anthologies. Each anthology features a guest author, as well as writings by the four members. Like DIVA’s Facebook page at: https://www.facebook.com/pages/DIVA/108592359318278.
2. Silly Tree Anthologies: A venture formed by Cathy and another writer, Angel Sharum, with the goal to publish anthologies of other writers’ works. Check out the call for submissions and guidelines on the blog at http://sillytreeanthologies.blogspot.ca/p/about.html. Like Silly Tree’s Facebook page at: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Silly-Tree-Anthologies/153970521418247.
3. The Spot Writers: Five writers who, in rotation, write weekly chapters of serial novels or compose flash fiction using pre-determined prompts,which are published to their blogs.
4. Seven Fates Writers: Five writers who write and publish anthologies of their own works. Like their Facebook page at: https://www.facebook.com/SevenFatesWriters
5. AfterWords Writers Group, a local group.
6. Evergreen Writers Group, a local group.
Cathy also paints, pastels being her favorite medium and her grandchildren her favorite subjects. Cathy lives with her husband in Halifax, Nova Scotia, and they winter in Ajijic, Mexico, where her works have appeared in local publications.
Contact Cathy at: